Annadale is located on the southeastern shore of Staten Island, bordered by Eltingville, Arden Heights, and Woodrow. The area is named after Anna Seguine, one of the South Shore’s earliest settlers. In 1929, a large portion of coastal land was purchased by Spanish immigrants who founded a small colony called Spanish Camp, but the buildings were demolished by the end of the 20th century. Annadale offers upscale, modern and luxury homes, many of newer development. The area includes many beautiful private areas for these mansion-style homes. There is ample woodland in the area, as well as the Blue Heron Park Reserve. Education options here are P.S. 36, P.S. 55, I.S. 7, and Tottenville High School. Transportation routes through the area include the local S55, S59, and S78 buses, and the X23 and X24 express buses.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Annadale
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near Annadale
1. Stop & Shop 4343 Amboy Road
2. Top Tomato 4045 Amboy Road
Parks Near Annadale
1. Bloomingdale Park Bloomingdale Road A 138-acre park with a playground and lots of open, traditional park space! Other areas surrounding Bloomingdale Park include Huguenot, Annadale, Arden Heights, Charleston, Pleasant Plains, Prince’s Bay, Rossville, and Woodrow. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/bloomingdale-park or call (718) 585-7117.
2. Wolfe’s Pond Park 420 Cornelia Avenue This multifunctional park has a beach, dog park, a soccer field, hockey field, tennis courts, basketball courts, playgrounds, and much more! It’s one of the largest parks on Staten Island! Other areas surrounding Wolfe’s Pond Park include Huguenot, Annadale, Arden Heights, Great Kills, Eltingville, Prince’s Bay, Rossville, and Woodrow. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/wolfes-pond-park or call (718) 984-8266.
3. Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve 83 Nielson Avenue This 265-acre nature preserve is the only state park on Staten Island. It contains a range of unique habitats, such as wetlands, ponds, sand barrens, spring fed streams, and woodlands. Other areas that surround Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve include Annadale, Arden Heights, and Great Kills. For more information about park events, visit www.nysparks.com/166/details.aspx or call (718) 967-1976.
4. Blue Heron Park and Nature Center 222 Poillon Avenue A comfortable park, with lots of play and relaxation space, named after a gray-feathered predatory bird with a yellow bill! Other areas surrounding Blue Heron Park and Nature Center include Huguenot, Annadale, and Eltingville. For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.org/parks/blue-heron-park or call (718) 967-3542.
5. Freshkills Park Staten Island At 2,200 acres Freshkills Park will be almost three times the size of Central Park upon completion. Currently one of the most popular parts of Freshkills is the four soccer fields that are open in the “Owl Hollow Fields” section of the park. Other areas surrounding Freshkills Park include Arden Heights, Huguenot, and Annadale. For more information about park events, visit www.freshkillspark.org or call (212) 788-8277.