Arden Heights is located toward the southern end of the island, bordered by Annadale to the south, Rossville and Woodrow to the west, and Great Kills to the east. A prominent real estate developer in the 1880s coined the name, probably due to a raised part of land within the area. Arden Heights contains a large wooded area, many small shopping centers and newly developed townhome communities. Education options for the neighborhood include P.S. 4, P.S. 42, and I.S. 75. Arden Heights is accessible via the Annadale train station, the local S55 and S74 buses, and the X17, X19, and X23 express buses.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Arden Heights
1. Genki Sushi 262 Arden Avenue Wide selection of handmade sushi rolls and kitchen entrees at this trendy Japanese style restaurant. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near Arden Heights
1. Stop & Shop 2795 Richmond Avenue
Parks Near Arden Heights
1. Bloomingdale Park Bloomingdale Road A 138-acre park with a playground and lots of open, traditional park space! Other areas surrounding Bloomingdale Park include Huguenot, Annadale, Arden Heights, Charleston, Pleasant Plains, Prince’s Bay, Rossville, and Woodrow. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/bloomingdale-park or call (718) 585-7117.
2. Wolfe’s Pond Park 420 Cornelia Avenue This multifunctional park has a beach, dog park, a soccer field, hockey field, tennis courts, basketball courts, playgrounds, and much more! It’s one of the largest parks on Staten Island! Other areas surrounding Wolfe’s Pond Park include Huguenot, Annadale, Arden Heights, Great Kills, Eltingville, Prince’s Bay, Rossville, and Woodrow. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/wolfes-pond-park or call (718) 984-8266.
3. Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve 83 Nielson Avenue This 265-acre nature preserve is the only state park on Staten Island. It contains a range of unique habitats, such as wetlands, ponds, sand barrens, spring fed streams, and woodlands. Other areas that surround Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve include Annadale, Arden Heights, and Great Kills. For more information about park events, visit www.nysparks.com/166/details.aspx or call (718) 967-1976.
5. Freshkills Park Staten Island At 2,200 acres Freshkills Park will be almost three times the size of Central Park upon completion. Currently one of the most popular parts of Freshkills is the four soccer fields that are open in the “Owl Hollow Fields” section of the park. Other areas surrounding Freshkills Park include Arden Heights, Huguenot, and Annadale. For more information about park events, visit www.freshkillspark.org or call (212) 788-8277.