Recently, the DIY and crafting guru (sayyes.com) posted a blog with step by step instructions on how to make this absolutely adorable critters who are more delicious than they are demons!
• parchment paper
• assorted flat cookies (such as honey or chocolate graham crackers, Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers, and tea biscuits)
• thin flat chocolate bars (such as Hershey’s)
• regular and mini marshmallows
• regular and mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet and put a piece of the chocolate bar on top of each one.
3. To make the eyes, cut mini or regular marshmallows in half horizontally. Arrange the halves on top of the chocolate, sticky side down. Poke holes in the marshmallows with the toothpick, and dig around to enlarge the holes. Push a mini or regular chocolate chip into each hole, pointy side down.
4. To make the teeth, cut angled pieces off the remaining mini or regular marshmallows and press the cut sides into the chocolate.
5. Put the baking sheet in the oven and watch carefully. Remove as soon as the s’mores turn golden, about 45 seconds. They turn golden very quickly, in as fast as 45 seconds, and can burn before you know it, so stay right next to the oven with your oven mitt on! Let them cool until they’re just warm before handling or eating