Bulls Head - Staten Island, NY
Bulls Head sits in the west-central part of the island, bordered by New Springville, Bloomfield, and Graniteville. The neighborhood received its name from a populay 18th-century tavern located at the intersection of Victory Boulevard and Richmond Avenue. During the American Revolution, this area was occupied by many “Tories” or British Loyalists. Up until as recently as the 1960s, much of Bulls Head was comprised of farmland. With the development of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and completion of the Staten Island Expressway, many families from Brooklyn and Queens moved here. Bulls Head includes a large stretch of Richmond Avenue which is home to many prominent businesses. Education options for this area are P.S. 60 and I.S. 72. The neighborhood is served by local S44, S59, S62, S89, S92, and S94 buses, as well as the X10, X11, and X17 express buses.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Bulls Head
2. Mike's Unicorn Diner 2944 Victory Boulevard A traditional Greek and American Diner. Open 24 hours a day, offers excellent food, excellent service, and a warm, family-friendly environment. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near Bulls Head
1. Stop & Shop 1441 Richmond Avenue
2. Lander Market 1430 Richmond Avenue
3. Waldbaum's 1441 Richmond Avenue
4. Miggy's Supermarket 1430 Richmond Avenue
Parks Near Bulls Head
1. Willowbrook Park 1 Eton Place This city park features a lake with canoeing, a butterfly garden, a carousel, and tons of seasonal festivals for the family! Other areas surrounding Willowbrook Park include Bloomfield, Castleton Corners, Elm Park, Graniteville, Heartland Village, Manor Heights, New Springville, and Willowbrook. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/willowbrook-park or call (718) 698-2186.