Graniteville - Staten Island, NY
Graniteville was originally called Bennett’s Corners and Fayetteville, before landing on its current name, due to the operation of rock quarries in the 19th century. Graniteville was the site of a notable fire in 1942 when an explosion at a fireworks company took 5 lives. The area became more developed with the completion of the Staten Island Expressway (I-278) and NYS Route 440. The area is now filled with many homes and shopping centers. School options are P.S. 22, P.S. 60, P.S./I.S. 861, and I.S. 51, with others in neighboring areas like Mariners Harbor and Westerleigh. The area is also served by numerous local and express city buses.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Graniteville
1. Pho Mac 1407 Richmond Avenue Pho and other Vietnamese specialties dished up in a narrow, bi-level strip mall locale. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets In Graniteville
1. Pathmark 1351 Forest Avenue
2. Forest Gourmet Deli & Grocery 2236 Forest Avenue
3. Mecca Mart 2111 Forest Avenue
Parks Near Graniteville
1. Willowbrook Park 1 Eton Place This city park features a lake with canoeing, a butterfly garden, a carousel, and tons of seasonal festivals for the family! Other areas surrounding Willowbrook Park include Bloomfield, Castleton Corners, Elm Park, Graniteville, Bullshead, Heartland Village, Manor Heights, New Springville, and Willowbrook. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/willowbrook-park or call (718) 698-2186
2. Westerleigh Park Springfield Avenue Westerleigh Park offers a square block of shady, comfortable, recreational area right in the heart of the Westerleigh neighborhood! Other areas surrounding Westerleigh Park include Elm Park, Graniteville, Mariner’s Harbor, and Westerleigh. There are local events happening in this park all the time. For more information about park events, visit www.westerleighpark.com