Grant City - Staten Island, NY
Grant City is situated toward the eastern shore of Staten Island. Originally known as Frenchtown, the area was renamed after Civil War General and former President Ulysses S. Grant. In fact, many streets in this area are named after prominent historical figures of the 19th century. Grant City is described as a lovely and safe residential area, great for the family that is just starting out. There are many colonials, condos, apartments, and other homes on tree-lined streets. Education options for the neighborhood are P.S. 11, P.S. 38, P.S. 41, and I.S. 2. Public transportation through the area includes two stops on the Staten Island Railway and numerous local and express buses running along Hylan Boulevard.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Grant City
3. French Tart 1141 North Railroad Avenue Upscale authentic French food right in the heart of Grant City. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near Grant City
1. Shop Rite 2424 Hylan Boulevard
2. Duane Reade 2107 Richmond Road
Parks Near Grant City
1. Greenbelt Conservancy 200 Nevada Avenue Greenbelt Conservancy is conservation effort to preserve the 2,800 acres of Staten Island’s Greenbelt! This park contains both natural areas and traditional parks. Other areas surrounding the Greenbelt Conservancy include Heartland Village, Lighthouse Hill, Manor Heights, Richmond Town, and Todt Hill. For more information about park events, visit www.sigreenbelt.org or call (718) 667-2165.
2. High Rock Park 200 Nevada Avenue High Rock Park is regarded for its quiet ponds and deep woods. It is recognized as a Natural Environmental Education Landmark. It contains five ponds, six trails, and various wetlands. Other areas surrounding High Rock Park include Grant City, Heartland Village, Lighthouse Hill, Richmond Town, and Todt Hill. For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.org/parks/high-rock-park or call (718) 667-2165.