Mariners Harbor - Staten Island, NY
Mariners Harbor is located at the northwestern part of Staten Island, bordered by Graniteville to the south and Elm Park to the east. The far end of Mariners Harbor is sometimes referred to as Arlington. This area was named for the harvesting of oysters and other seafood off the coast in the 19th century. Many of its streets are named after prominent former residents. Mariners Harbor contains many private homes, as well as apartments and condominiums. Notable establishments in the area include big-name retailers like Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Kohl’s, as well as the Stadium 16 movie theater, the West Shore Little League complex, and a new branch of the New York Public Library. Schools in this area are P.S. 22, P.S. 44, and Port Richmond High School. Public transportation routes passing through Mariners Harbor are the S40, S46, S48, S90, S96, and S98 local buses, as well as the X12, X14, and X42 express buses.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Mariners Harbor
1. Bella Mama Rose 266 Morningstar Road A trendy, homey atmosphere with just the right touch of class. This beautiful restaurant, cousin to Denino's Italian Restaurant, is nothing short of spectacular and lives up to the family name. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near Mariners Harbor
1. Mac Grocery Incorporated 2894 Richmond Terrace
2. Viraj Grocery Store 280 Morningstar Road
Parks Near Mariners Harbor
1. Clove Lakes Park 1150 Clove Road Clove Lakes Park is a public and historical park. It has a rich natural history, and is a peaceful, family friendly place to play! Other areas surrounding Clove Lakes Park include Castleton Corners, Clove Lake, Concord, Elm Park, Port Richmond, Sunset Hill, West Brighton, Westerleigh, Emerson Hill, Manor Heights. For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.org/parks/clove-lakes-park or call (718) 390-8000.
2. Lemon Creek Park Prince’s Bay A fun park/beach with freshwater and a breathtaking view. Other areas surrounding Lemon Creek Park include Huguenot, Charleston, Prince’s Bay, Rossville, and Woodrow. For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.com/parks/lemon-creek-park or call (212) 639-9675.