Eltingville sits on the southeastern shore of Staten Island, bordered by Great Kills, Arden Heights, and Annadale. Eltingville draws its name from the Elting family who settled here in the late 1800s. Since the 1960s, this area has seen a huge burst of residential development. There happens to be a large Italian-American population in the area, with many Italian-owned small businesses here, such as the Scalia Funeral Home, DeMonte’s Salumeria, Portobello Café, and Pastosa Ravioli. Education options for the area include P.S. 42, P.S. 55, and I.S. 24. Transportation to and from Eltingville is a breeze with the Eltingville stop on the Staten Island Railway and the Eltingville Transit Center, a terminal for numerous local and express buses.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Eltingville
1. Giuliana's 4105 Hylan Boulevard Upscale bar and grill with outdoor patio featuring Italian entrees, pizza, pasta, and housemade deserts. Read reviews here.
2. Portobello Cafe 4221 Hylan Boulevard Family-friendly Italian eatery dishing up hearty red-sauce fare in an understated setting. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets in Eltingville
1. Pastosa Ravioli 3817 Richmond Avenue
2. DeMonte's Salumeria and Pork Store 3830 Richmond Avenue
Parks Near Eltingville
1. Wolfe’s Pond Park 420 Cornelia Avenue This multifunctional park has a beach, dog park, a soccer field, hockey field, tennis courts, basketball courts, playgrounds, and much more! It’s one of the largest parks on Staten Island! Other areas surrounding Wolfe’s Pond Park include Huguenot, Annadale, Arden Heights, Great Kills, Eltingville, Prince’s Bay, Rossville, and Woodrow. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/wolfes-pond-park or call (718) 984-8266.
4. Blue Heron Park and Nature Center 222 Poillon Avenue A comfortable park, with lots of play and relaxation space, named after a gray-feathered predatory bird with a yellow bill! Other areas surrounding Blue Heron Park and Nature Center include Huguenot, Annadale, and Eltingville. For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.org/parks/blue-heron-park or call (718) 967-3542.