Oakwood - Staten Island, NY
Oakwood is located on the eastern shore of Staten Island, bordered by Richmondtown and New Dorp. The area is divided into Oakwood Heights, above Hylan Boulevard, and Oakwood Beach below. Originally, Oakwood was called Court House and Club House. During the Revolutionary War, Oakwood served as an encampment for British troops. Today, Oakwood has many single and multi-family homes and garden apartments, and important commercial establishments along Hylan Boulevard. Notable establishments include Frederick Douglass Memorial Park, Amundsen Circle, and The Greenbelt woods which contain many concrete artifacts. Schools near to this area are P.S. 41, P.S. 50, P.S. 53. Public transportation for Oakwood includes the S57, S76, S78, and S79 local bus lines, as well as the Oakwood Heights stop on the Staten Island Railway.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Oakwood
2. Oakwood Diner 3161 Amboy Road A cozy, friendly, clean, and classic diner serving up traditional diner comfort dishes. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near Oakwood
1. Shop Rite 2424 Hylan Boulevard
2. Stop & Shop 2754 Hylan Boulevard
3. Pathmark 2660 Hylan Boulevard
Parks Near Oakwood
1. Great Kills Park Hylan Boulevard Great Kills Park is known for its four beaches, New Dorp Beach, Cedar Grove Beach, Oakwood Beach, and Fox Beach. Family fun for all ages! Other areas surrounding Great Kills Park include Great Kills. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/great-kills-park or call (718) 987-6729.