Richmond Valley is a small community located on the south shore of Staten Island, surrounded by Charleston, Pleasant Plains, and Tottenville. It was a prominent village before the emergence of Tottenville, and is now the site of Outerbridge Crossing. Since they are practically a stone’s throw away, residents here often take advantage of their location by working and shopping in New Jersey. Richmond Valley does have its own commercial center, along Amboy and Richmond Valley Roads. Education options for this area are P.S. 1, P.S. 6, and I.S. 34. Transportation routes here include the local S78 bus which runs almost the full length of the island, the X17 and X22 express buses, and a stop on the Staten Island Railway.
Restaurants and Entertainment in Richmond Valley
1. Docks Clam Bar & Pasta House 240 Page Avenue Seafood and Italian fare round out the menu at this casual eatery with a raw bar, wine, and cocktails. Read reviews here.
2. Buddha Lounge 2945 Veterans Rd W Third floor Japanese restaurant and lounge with trendy, Far East ambiance and a raw bar, sushi, and entrees. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near This Area
1. La Bella Marketplace 99 Ellis Street
2. Tottenville Food Mart 7254 Amboy Road
3. Top Tomato 240 Page Avenue