West Brighton - Staten Island, NY
West Brighton or West New Brighton as it’s sometimes called is the area east of Port Richmond, west of Tompkinsville, south of Snug Harbor, and north of its subset Sunset Hill. This area was originally settled by the Dutch in the 1600s then later, English settlers arrived. Within this area are two major landmarks, the Richmond University Medical Center, one of Staten Island’s leading hospitals, and a branch of the New York Public Library. West Brighton is one of the most affordable places to live on the island, with options such as condominiums, townhomes, and multi-family homes. Nearby schools are P.S. 18, P.S. 19, P.S. 45, I.S. 27, and I.S. 49. Many local bus lines also run through this neighborhood.
Restaurants and Entertainment in West Brighton
1. Burrito Bar 585 Forest Avenue Located in a converted house, this casual spot offers Mexican fare and drinks amid 1960's decor. Read reviews here.
2. Nucci's 616 Forest Avenue Come-as-you-are neighborhood spot serving up pizzas and basic Italian comfort eats. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near West Brighton
1. Met Food Supermarket 1795 Victory Boulevard
2. ShopRite 985 Richmond Avenue
3. Stop & Shop 1441 Richmond Avenue
Parks Near West Brighton
1. Clove Lakes Park 1150 Clove Road Clove Lakes Park is a public and historical park. It has a rich natural history, and is a peaceful, family friendly place to play! Other areas surrounding Clove Lakes Park include Castleton Corners, Clove Lake, Concord, Elm Park, Mariner’s Harbor, Port Richmond, Sunset Hill,Westerleigh, Emerson Hill, Manor Heights. For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.org/parks/clove-lakes-park or call (718) 390-8000.
2. Silver Lake Park Silver Lake Park Road This is a 209 acre public park with a lake, 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, sports fields, trails, and much more! Other areas surrounding Silver Lake Park include Grymes Hill, Rosebank, Silver Lake, Snug Harbor, Stapleton, Sunset Hill, Tompkinsville, and Ward Hill.For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.org/parks/silver-lake-park or call (212) 639-9675.