Castleton Corners - Staten Island, NY
Castleton Corners refers to the area that lies between Westerleigh and Clove Lake, just south of Port Richmond. It is named after Cassiltowne in Ireland where some of the first settlers originated. This tree-lined residential area is filled with single and multi-family homes. The area is also home to a few churches, the main Staten Island Post Office, and the National Guard Armory. The “corners” near Victory Boulevard and Manor Road was once an important business area, but has now fallen to the wayside due to the opening of the Staten Island Mall. Public transportation through Castleton Corners includes the local S54, S61, S62, S66, S91, S92, and S93 buses, as well as X12 and X42 express buses. Public School 29 is located directly in this area, with other schools in the neighboring areas of Westerleigh, Port Richmond, and Manor Heights.
Restaurants And Entertainment In Castleton Corners
1. Joe & Pats 1758 Victory Boulevard Longtime pizza joint serving thin-crust pies plus classic Italian dishes and gluten free options. Read reviews here.
2. WaterFalls 2012 Victory Boulevard A large menu of Italian fare from traditional recipes presented in a spacious layout with a patio. Read reviews here.
Grocery Stores and Supermarkets Near Castleton Corners
1. Key Food 778 Manor Road
2. R & R Grocery Store Inc. 74 Wellbrook Avenue
Parks Near Castleton Corners
1. Clove Lakes Park 1150 Clove Road Clove Lakes Park is a public and historical park. It has a rich natural history, and is a peaceful, family friendly place to play! Other communities near Clove Lakes Park include Clove Lake, Concord, Elm Park, Mariners Harbor, Port Richmond, Sunset Hill, West Brighton, Westerleigh, Emerson Hill, and Manor Heights. For more information about park events, visit www.nycgovparks.org/parks/clove-lakes-park or call (718) 390-8000
2. Willowbrook Park 1 Eton Place This city park features a lake with canoeing, a butterfly garden, a carousel, and tons of seasonal festivals for the family! Other communities near Willowbrook Park include Bloomfield, Elm Park, Graniteville, Bullshead, Heartland Village, Manor Heights, New Springville, and Willowbrook. For more information about park events, visit www.nycparks.org/parks/willowbrook-park or call (718) 698-2186